Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Writing Passion of B Lynn Goodwin

Today, I have the pleasure of sharing my good friend and fellow writer, B Lynn Goodwin, with the world. She's an amazing woman with passion and drive. No need for me to keep you waiting. Please enjoy this short interview with Lynn.

*****

How would you describe yourself and your writing? 
~Sometimes I roar like a steam engine and sometimes I chug like the Little Engine that Could. Often I surprise myself. 

Do you find yourself using your own life experiences in your fictional characters? 
~Sometimes I use them, and sometimes I disguise them, because I'm sharing them with a character and the world. 

If you could only recommend one of your books, which would it be and why?  
~I'd recommend You Want Me to Do WHAT? Journaling for Caregivers because it's an important book for anyone, caregiver, writer, or character, who needs to express himself. With over 200 sentence starts, you'll never have to face the blank page. 

What is your writing strength? 
~One of my strengths is that I'm still writing. Another strength is clarity. But perhaps my biggest strength is that I empower others with Writer Advice, www.writeradvice.com.

What more do you hope to accomplish with your writing? 
~More stories, more Writer Advice issues, more blogging for InspireMeToday, more teaching through Story Circle Network, more editing, and more editorial help to writers so they can achieve their dreams. 

What are you working on these days? 
~In addition to writing for Writer Advice, the California Writers Club, Silver Rescue, and more, I'm revising a YA called Talent, about Sandee Mason, a 15 and a half year old girl seeking her talent an identity separate from Brian Mason's little sister. Brian is MIA in Afghanistan, and when news of his death reaches the family, Sandee's world is turned upside down. 

*****

For more information about Lynn, or to become a part of what she's doing, please visit her website  www.writeradvice.com 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

While you're visiting Writer Advice, check out WriterAdvice's 8th Flash Prose Contest. Deadline is April 18th so you have exactly one month to enter. Questions? Please ask.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing this information, Lacresha.