Monday, March 25, 2013

The Caring Have Class

As a 37 year old woman, I've been through a few stages in life.  And it's funny that since I was young, I've always wanted to be classy. I grew up in the projects. I was raised on welfare by an illiterate grandmother. There was so much dysfunction in my life, I can't imagine how I even had the nerve to seek out such a thing, especially since I rarely witnessed it.

Today, I watch our young ladies and my heart breaks because self-respect is sorely lacking. And if we cannot respect ourselves, we cannot carry ourselves with class and dignity. There was a time when my lifestyle made me ashamed, when I didn't know how to love myself, when I didn't accept myself, when I couldn't hold my head up. But through the strength of faith, I was able to reverse my life situation. God destroyed every generational curse and broke every yoke of bondage.

Religion, in your mind, may not be the answer. But free-thinking, whatever feels good living is not the answer either. What feels good to me may hurt or devastate someone else. How we behave means everything, even when doing the wrong things. What I mean by that is, we all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. But don't let that imperfection turn into complacency or worse, "could give a damn" thinking. Always care. People who care have strength to change. They have dignity. They have a future. When you care, God can fix whatever is wrong, can strengthen what is right and can turn it all into something amazing. People who care have a strong self-esteem and carry themselves with class. I hope that's you!

For more inspirational living tips and posts, catch me Officially Lacresha Hayes or visit my website and abuse blog. God bless.

No comments: