Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Passing of a Beautiful Poet

My mother, Dorothy Pugh Poole, passed Thursday, February 23rd. This week, I have the horrible duty of planning my mother's funeral. Last week, I had the horrible duty of choosing to discontinue treatment. As you can imagine, I'm all torn up inside, but that doesn't mean I can stop.

Of all the parts of a funeral, the obituary is most important to me and I want my mom's obit to be the best thing in the world. I've done several before but never for family and now here I am trying to put one together. The first step for me was finding my favorite things about her. At the top of the list is her poetic skills and that is going to be the focus of her funeral.

Please continue to pray and keep my family lifted to the Lord. We need strength right now.

3 comments:

BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

I pray that you shall be blessed as you rise up and call your mother blessed.

Lacresha on Writing, Women and Wisdom said...

Thank you.

Lionhearted Kat said...

It's been awhile since we spoke, probably since 2009. Much has happened. I'm now a breast cancer survivor, a widow, and just a year ago I buried my dear mother. I've lived your journey. I flew from Omaha to Oregon and prepared to memorial services (one in Eugene and one in North Bend). I think being so involved in the preparation helped me process at the time, but in May I started seeing a counselor. I know God has kept me walk "through" the journey, but the pain is real. Grief is real and painful. Many prayers for you, Still Lionhearted, Kat in Omaha